A lot of times, school can be super stressful and you can't even remember what to study because you have so many others things you need to finish. I can be the first to say that I'm not the best at staying focused in school but throughout my years in school, I have found some new ways to keep myself on top of my game and motivated for the remainder of the school year.
FIRST, GET A PLANNER (if you do not have one already) - planning my assignments and my extracurricular activities throughout the week have helped me stay on top of my academics while enjoying my extracurriculars as well. I love to be AS COLORFUL AS I CAN with my planner because it helps me understand what assignments/homework I should do first, second, and so on. So I would definitely suggest buying some colorful pens and markers because not only does it make planning your week more easily, it also helps with studying as well. One good habit that I've now started is by writing my, for example, AP or more rigorous classes in all caps in colorful pen so that I automatically know to get that out of the way first. Planning out your week with more color will make your life a lot more easier, promise!!!
- I absolutely LOVE all the planners from shopbando.com so you guys should check them out to start your school year off right because you still have time!!!
SECOND, CREATE A MOOD PLAYLIST - As cheesy as it may sound, music is literally my breakthrough to getting all my homework done in a timely manner. I love listening to soft ballads and focus music while I study because it makes my night 10x easier. School stress can be a lot so creating a playlist that helps you focus and relax with doing your homework/classwork speeds your night up a lot. Here are some of my suggestions to add to your focus playlist:
THRID, AFTERNOON SNACKS!!! - You definitely should not starve yourself so that you can get all your homework done super fast because that just stresses yourself even more. I am that girl that runs to get the Pizza Rolls out of my oven and have absolutely no shame. But I have educated myself to realize that healthier snacks are better fuel for your brain than Pizza Rolls so here are some of my new eats for after school that keep you energized and focused on your after school work!
- Any energy bars are a BIG plus! (Lara, Luna, Cliff, Kind or MakeGood bars)
- A healthy tortilla wrap that contains maybe turkey and a few avocado slices is an easy quick snack plus it has double the power because it rejuvenates your skin and fuels your brain.
- A bowl of fruit and a bottle of kombucha is my go-to a lot of times because KOMBUCHA is addictive but super good for you and beats coffee any day and snacking on fruit while you trying to study for an upcoming test or reading a assigned English book keeps you SUPERR awake making the night move much faster! (HIGHLY RECOMMEND!)
- Any smoothie that includes kale or any power greens and fruit is something that I love to make after school to help start my work night off on a good note!
LASTLY, DO AS MUCH WORK IN YOUR CLASS AS YOU CAN (trust me, it pays off) - no one wants to ever be doing more work than they have to so try to at least complete all classwork in class so that you can just focus so your homework that is assigned "for home." It can be hard at times because some days, you're just not feeling like working in class but remind yourself that more sleep and more time for extracurricular comes with being more efficient in class so TRY IT!!!!
Hope all of these tips help your school year more organized so that you can focus more on the fun part!!
Senior year is now among us and aside from all the stress from SAT, ACT, essays, colleges apps, and school in general, I'm now starting to realize that we all need a to take a breath and take each moment in one breath at a time. Senior Year is suppose to be the year where we laugh more, smile more and maybe even cry a little more because it's the year of many lasts while simultaneously the start of new beginnings. Recouping from a year of never-ending projects and all-nighters, I am coming to terms that the acceptance or rejection letters I get in the mail are out of my control and all I can do now is just live life. I don't know about you but sometimes I tend to stress about the little things sometimes because in my mind, every little thing contributes to a big picture. But I try to remind myself constantly that it's not the end all be all of where I get in or go to college. I know that life is full of the unexpected and to be honest, I'm ready to explore and open my arms to the world. If you are like me or stress out about anything related, remember that you're not alone and the world of high school seniors are doing the exact same thing as you. You have memories to make, things to laugh about, and most of all family and friends to love because soon this time next year, they'll just be a a road trip or plane ride away where nothing else is the same!
GOOD V18ES ARE THE BEST V18ES..
relaxxx and chill outtt and... SKAAA!!!!!
Developing healthy habitats and routines can be diffcult at times but is SUPER important all year round!! Wanting to workout versus having to workout are two different scenarios, but finding ways to HAVE FUN while working out and staying healthy can make fitness so much more enjoying! Over the years, I have learned how much fitness and healthy living have greatly contributed to an indivudal's lifestyle, from easy healthy recipes and trends, healthy living is the lifestyle YOU WANT!! Here are just a few of my FAVORITEE healthy tips!!!
• WATERR.... is super important for your body!! I REALLY CANT stress enough how much water is beneficial to your daily routine! Drinking water flushes toxins from your body and is the ultimate eliminator for dehydration. Plus, drinking water on a daily will keep your skin super moist and hydrated so when someone says "water eliminates acne", they are mostly likely telling the truth. In addition, a fun fact about enabling drinking water in your daily rountine when you wake up and go to bed, it will not only help exfoliate your skin, but also make you more awake for the next day!! Dehydration is BIG in the summer season sadly, but with craving water, more than that dank lemonade you might be thinking about, WILL give positive results!!!!
• FOOD HACKS.... As I have gotten older, I have started to realize how important it is to truly know how "healthy" the food is that I'm eating. I am ALWAYS trying to find new and fun ways to eat really tasty food while also taking good care of my body. For example, I DO NOT like a boring sandwich AT ALL, I like my sandwiches to be full and flavorful so sometimes, i like to really add the "color" within my sandwich by including a mix of greens (spanich leaves, lettuce, arugula, etc.), slices of tomatos and thin layers of turkey (or whatever kind of meat you like!!) to still keep it "within" the calorie count but being more filling and healthy at the same time!! Simple things like that or finding healthier packaged snacks that are somewhat equivalent to your faves that are not so healthy, really make a difference that you will LOVEE!!!!
• WORKOUTS... are the most motivating thing you can imagine yourself doing but may not be fulfilling it all the time!! Especially during the summer, it takes a BIG amount of determination and motivation to conquer a easy, yet rewarding workout routine!! What I have learned about easy workouts to complete are by combining your favorite hobbies with workouts that help your whole well being!! Most of my friends are ADDICTED to fitness trackers, like for example, I have a Fitbit Charge 2 and while alot of people may think that the number of steps is just an essential with the watch, researchers claim that the 10,000 step vibration that you may feel on your wrist from your Fitbit or Apple Watch are clarifying that you reached the minimum steps that your body needs for a healthy well being! So I guess you could say that shopping with your friends at the mall is REALLY a workout to get the steps you need. Plus, just wanting to plug in and running around the park is an easy pacing workout for a person who loves running and loves music!!!
SUMMER IS FINALLY HERE AND IM SO EXCITED!! Along with summer comes the thing that EVERYONE wants...that "perfect" summer body! Its what literally some people train for but there are so many easier ways to prep for summer Whenever you're sitting at home, watching a movie, or having fun at your vacation destination, everyone LOVES to snack! I'm guilty of snacking and today I wanted to share my go-to healthy snacks that are similar to your sweet tooth guilty pleasures but SOO healthy for you! Doesn't matter if it's summer season or fall season, these snacks are super helpful for a whole well being!
Strawberries are the perfect berries for summer and have some many healthy attributes that you might not even think about! Strawberries among the TOP 20 fruits in antioxidant capacity and are a good source of manganese and potassium. Just a bowl of eight fresh strawberries contain more Vitamin C than a glass of orange juice! On top of that, fresh strawberries are super high in water capacity = a BIG antioxidants and safe for blood sugar control!
Personally, the first time I heard Avocado toast was like a really thing people ate on a daily to stay healthy, I passed! But finally giving it a try, I LOVE IT!! Just a few slices of avocado (or spread!) on gluten-free wheat bread can satisfy for a post-workout snack or movie marathon snack! Cool fact about the combination of avocado and toast is that it is relatively rich in protein, as each serving contains 11 g, in addition to, containing healthy fats that are IDEAL for weight loss!
Blueberries are one of the most easiest berries to pop in your mouth and get on with your day! I LOVE packing a container of blueberries in my lunch or just snacking on them while watching my favorite show! Blueberries can decrease the risk of heart disease by lowering blood pressure and inhibiting oxidation of LDL cholesterol, plus, contain SOO many vitamins that can enhance your whole well being (PERFECT FRUIT TO PUT IN WATER FOR A QUICK DETOX!!!) I personally love to put blueberries on top of my greek yogurt or throw them in a blender for a nice smoothie to start the day!
CLIFF BARS are my FAVORITE protein bars!!! I' pretty sure, I'll grab a Cliff Bar for a quick pick-me-up AT LEAST 3 times a day!! The big thing I love about this snack is that the bars are so light and have ALOT of energy, in addition to, a good source of fiber and hearty blend of oats, barley and rye. These bars are definitely a sweet tooth satisfier and energy booster, A MUST TRY!!
Chocolate chip cookies are my WEAKNESS!!! Especially on a late summer night after dinner, you wanna eat like a whole batch just because!! Well, I have quick and easy recipe to make these sweet tooth satisfiers WAY more healthier and ONLY 130 calories! First off, chocolate chip cookies' number one ingredient is flour and with a healthy swap, I learned, oat flour is a big factor in making these delicious treats way more healthy while containing the same taste. Thanks to Chelsea from Chelsea's Messy Apron, here's a cool recipe for the BEST EVER healthy chocolate chip cookies!
Sometimes when I'm not really ready for a meal, I like to lean towards making a loaded smoothie mostly because it's way healthier then snacking on plain Lays chips and this one (and many others!!) taste 10000x better. The main reason that I call this the Berries Boost smoothie because honestly, after I have this, I totally forget about the next meal and am so pumped for the rest of the day! All you need is...
1) Combine only ingredients in blend (tip: put ice in last and banana first)
2) Blend and ENJOY!!!!
This is just one of my favorite smoothies I like to make throughout the summertime but stay tuned for even MORE smoothie recipes!!!
This yogurt parfait is to die for and perfect for healthy summer snacking! Hands down, I think this particular mix of fruit and yogurt really makes this treat almost addicting. Normally what I do is put all the ingredients in a Mason Jar and store it in the fridge so the ingredients on top of the yogurt can really sink in so when I'm ready to snack, I can just pour it out into any bowl and YUM!! This is definitely a must try.