A lot of times, school can be super stressful and you can't even remember what to study because you have so many others things you need to finish. I can be the first to say that I'm not the best at staying focused in school but throughout my years in school, I have found some new ways to keep myself on top of my game and motivated for the remainder of the school year.
FIRST, GET A PLANNER (if you do not have one already) - planning my assignments and my extracurricular activities throughout the week have helped me stay on top of my academics while enjoying my extracurriculars as well. I love to be AS COLORFUL AS I CAN with my planner because it helps me understand what assignments/homework I should do first, second, and so on. So I would definitely suggest buying some colorful pens and markers because not only does it make planning your week more easily, it also helps with studying as well. One good habit that I've now started is by writing my, for example, AP or more rigorous classes in all caps in colorful pen so that I automatically know to get that out of the way first. Planning out your week with more color will make your life a lot more easier, promise!!!
- I absolutely LOVE all the planners from shopbando.com so you guys should check them out to start your school year off right because you still have time!!!
SECOND, CREATE A MOOD PLAYLIST - As cheesy as it may sound, music is literally my breakthrough to getting all my homework done in a timely manner. I love listening to soft ballads and focus music while I study because it makes my night 10x easier. School stress can be a lot so creating a playlist that helps you focus and relax with doing your homework/classwork speeds your night up a lot. Here are some of my suggestions to add to your focus playlist:
THRID, AFTERNOON SNACKS!!! - You definitely should not starve yourself so that you can get all your homework done super fast because that just stresses yourself even more. I am that girl that runs to get the Pizza Rolls out of my oven and have absolutely no shame. But I have educated myself to realize that healthier snacks are better fuel for your brain than Pizza Rolls so here are some of my new eats for after school that keep you energized and focused on your after school work!
- Any energy bars are a BIG plus! (Lara, Luna, Cliff, Kind or MakeGood bars)
- A healthy tortilla wrap that contains maybe turkey and a few avocado slices is an easy quick snack plus it has double the power because it rejuvenates your skin and fuels your brain.
- A bowl of fruit and a bottle of kombucha is my go-to a lot of times because KOMBUCHA is addictive but super good for you and beats coffee any day and snacking on fruit while you trying to study for an upcoming test or reading a assigned English book keeps you SUPERR awake making the night move much faster! (HIGHLY RECOMMEND!)
- Any smoothie that includes kale or any power greens and fruit is something that I love to make after school to help start my work night off on a good note!
LASTLY, DO AS MUCH WORK IN YOUR CLASS AS YOU CAN (trust me, it pays off) - no one wants to ever be doing more work than they have to so try to at least complete all classwork in class so that you can just focus so your homework that is assigned "for home." It can be hard at times because some days, you're just not feeling like working in class but remind yourself that more sleep and more time for extracurricular comes with being more efficient in class so TRY IT!!!!
Hope all of these tips help your school year more organized so that you can focus more on the fun part!!